- BURNT RIVER will be available online and in stores in hardback, ebook and audio CD/download May 12th 2105.
- Rights to BONE DUST WHITE and BURNT RIVER have been secured by Bragelonne, a publishing house in France.
- In October I’m attending The Bouchercon World Mystery Convention in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- The Italian publisher Rizzoli will be publishing Bone Dust White under the title FREDDE VERITA later this year.
- Ullstein Verlage’s imprint Marion Von Schroder have sent the cover art for the German translation of the 2nd book in the Macy Greeley Detective Series. BRENNENDER FLUSS will published in hardback in September.
'Salvalaggio, whose "Bone Dust White" debut novel won high acclaim last year, tops even that effort in "Burnt River," which combines spare but gripping prose, well-conceived and well-executed characters and a dark storyline that delivers multiple shocks.'- Jay Strafford, Richmond Times Dispatch
It’s high summer and the drought stricken state of Montana is in the grip of a heat wave. Wilmington Creek, a sleepy ranching community in the northern Flathead Valley, has been especially hard hit. A series of wildfires has pushed the area’s resources to the limit. Darby Lake’s water level has dropped to a record low and a group of childhood friends are increasingly anxious about what may be uncovered if the rains don’t return to the valley soon. Click here to find out more »
Bone Dust White
It’s morning and the first winter snow falls heavily in the forested hills outside of Collier. An ambulance screams up the icy roads of a lonely neighbourhood startling the black crows that stand watch in the trees. Unsure of what they’ll find, two paramedics struggle to carry their heavy cases up the slope behind an isolated home. A cast-off shoe and a red stain seeping up through the snow. At first that’s all the paramedics see.
Click here to find out more »
Huffington Post Q&A
KARIN SALVALAGGIO is an exciting new voice in crime fiction. Bone Dust White has been called a “first rate debut” and she continues to receive critical praise for her heroine, Detective Macy Greeley. In our interview, Salvalaggio discusses her inspiration, her approach to writing, and how growing up in an Air Force family impacted her writing career.
Click here to go to the Q&A page »